Friday, April 3, 2009

Camera, ACTION!

Dear Journal Friends,
Well the wind is so strong right now I may end up blowing away to Mexico. Thankfully we remembered to put up the awning...but I will have to go scouting for my placemats that flew away.
Today we had SO much fun at Old Tucson and of course saw where many movies have and are produced. Had a great feed of BBQ pulled pork, beans, coleslaw and corn on the cob.
Hubby and I love these type of tourist haunts...we are both a bit weary from the sun and so he is snoozing back at the trailer and I have come to check on mail.

My youngest girl and youngest granddaughter will arrive tomorrow late afternoon and so we head up to Phoenix to pick her up.
She is only coming for a few days but I think it will be good for us all..and especially to get out of the snow back at home.
Today we went through a few homeparks but you know I do NOT think I could ever live in a strictly ADULT community.
I am thankful that this RV place allows kids as some DO NOT or under very restrictive rules...
Kids and young people help US stay young. I would get far to crabby I think.

Went looking at Class A motorhomes yesterday...boy oh boy...sure could drop a half a million and not blink on some of them. (and that is US dollars!)

Well dear ones...I will make this short and hope this finds you all in good health.
My daughter wants to go to Mass at one of the old cathedrals downtown Tucson that is done in Spanish. She will be able to understand but we will just watch little baby for her

Blessings,,

ALBERTA Lori (temporarily transplanted in Tucson

Our friends left this am for Superstition Mtns. so I was a bit teary this am...for goodness sake can you imagine what it will be like when our girl leaves.

4 comments:

Linda's World said...

Sounds like you're having some fun adventures down there in the sunny south land. It' still running in the 30's to mid 40's here in my neck of the woods. I'm so tired of being cold. Old Tucson sounds delightful. Have a fun visit with your daughter & grand daughter. Linda in WA

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I wouldn't want to live where there were no children either. Mine are the bright spot in my life for sure. Enjoy the visit with your daughter and count your blessings. 'On Ya'-ma

slj said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. The food doesn't sound too bad either..lol
I'm glad you're going to have some time with your daughter and granddaughter..And yes, I'm sure there will be plenty of tears when they leave:)
Safe trip to all,
Sheri

DB said...

I'm with you on ADULT ONLY places. It's nice to be able chat with people my own age, but to not have any children around? How inappropriate! DB