Dear Journal Friends,
Well a lifelong dream came true today as hubby and I headed over to see a "spring training" game between the Arizona team and Colorado Rockies.
We had been over for supper at the residence of some people who live here most of the time and he asked Chuck if he wanted to go to a ball game...of course he said yes and then when Dick looked over at me and saw me pouting he said "oh Lori you can have the other one" and so off we went today.
I made sure my whole body was covered as I have got blisters on my chest from that day we sat out visiting the neighbours.
What a treat...the weather was perfect...the ball was good...and I dropped a LOT of $$$ in the souvenier shop. What better place to buy gifts for my family....they all like sports and so I managed to get almost everything I need.
Chuck is seriously considering going home for his eye appointment and then come back...but we shall see. I will have to contact my gal that set up our travel insurance.
I still can hardly believe that people actually have this type of weather for so many days...being an Albertan all my life there has never been this many days NICE in a row.
Our little one and grandchild are anxious to come and so we have to figure out how we will manage the sleeping but it will be fine.
It has been a blessing to meet many people here and of course that is what I love to do.,
My friend and hubby who are here are far more reserved and therefore she has not met anyone ever except who I have introduced her to.
Tomorrow evening we are heading to the OLIVE GARDEN to celebrate her birthday. She is a dear dear gal and I think having them here has made is easier for us to adjust.
You would not think a person needs to adjust, but for hubby and I we feel like we are still "camping".
The other day we ventured over to one of the RV dealerships and boy oh boy can a person be comfortable if they have the $$$ to spend....although right now is such a good time to buy.
Well my itch medicine is wearing off so I will say goodnight for now.
Blessings,
ALBERTA Lori temporarily transplanted at Cactus Country RV

6 comments:
Sounds like a grand time is being had by all:) Glad you're getting to enjoy such beautiful weather..
Sheri
Yes Arizona is a great place to be when the cold winter weather is making life miserable. I've got several friends who 'winter' down there. And we were there in April 2007 & it was almost too hot. Up in the 80's the whole time. I also have several friends from my high school days who live there year round. That I couldn't take~too hot in the summer months. I;m glad you're having such a good time. Linda in 40* Washington
so glad you are enjoying your time Lori and got to see the game! I bet that was a treat!! we do get spoiled with our nice weather and then we complain when it goes below 60 degrees instead of thanking the Lord for living in a nice place
enjoy the Olive Garden!
betty
Having all that nice weather and now a ball game is wonderful. I would love doing something like that. In just a couple weeks now I'll be in my camper at the campground where it stays permanently parked each year. We won't have weather as warm as you but I'll enjoy it. At least our days of below freezing temps should be over now. 'On Ya'-ma
Good morning Lori,
I have an award for you over at my blog...The lemonade award.
Hugs, Sheri
Sounds great. Enjoy every min of it. Makes me want to plan a trip with some friends and family and jusy go.Stop by sometime
john
Post a Comment