Dearest Journal Friends,
As I sit here this beautiful evening behind the recreation centre.....I am still in awe of this unbelievable weather. I think today was in the mid-nineties..
My daughter and her little one and I enjoyed a nice swim at the heat of the day...
We took a nice drive just before the gorgeous sunset down the "Old Spanish Trail" Seeing the cactus reflections against the background of reds, yellows was breathtaking. I praise the Lord for the beauty of his landscape.
Tonight in the hot tub a fellow said that he had killed a young rattler that was near his motorhome.. NOT what I needed to hear. I have been up the past few mornings taking baby for a walk around the park to help her go back to sleep.
Gosh I am a good Nana to my daughter....I know she is missing her family but is happy to see just where Mama and Dad are these days. We will be taking her to Phoenix on Friday to fly back to Calgary.
My title is in reference to all the signs of do not, do not and although I jest I know some people just do not follow the rules....I guess because for most part hubby and I are very abiding by the rules of wherever we are....
The other day at the pool I must confess I asked these kids who was responsible for them as the RULE is no one under the age of 16 without an adult supervising.
My first job as a lifeguard always looms when I see kids in situations that could be dangerous.
Tonight I made a nice supper of chicken and I tossed in some salsa I had bought and this Prickly Pear jelly.....it was yummy. I think we will have to find the store where I bought the jelly as my girl wants to take some home. As sweet as it is the calories are very low.
Thank-you all for your comments and when I get home hopefully I will have some pictures to post.
Blessings,
Alberta Lori (temporarily transplanted in Tucson)
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm so happy for you and the nice times you are having. It is a blessing to be able to be warm this time of year. The winter seems to be going on and on. We get a tease of Spring and then it snows again. Hopefully this will be the last of it for this year.
'On Ya'-ma
I love Prickley Pear Jelly.
90 degrees wow!
High 30's in Northern Pa. Today.
Hi Lori,
I just wanted to pop in and wish you & your family a wonderful Easter day.
I pray this post finds you & your family well :-).
HUGS~Donna
Hi Lori thanks for visiting me and wishing Salty (recovering from being attacked by a bull mastiff on the loose)well. My right hand,little finger is healing, but still stiff and sore. I see that you have about 6 people I know pictured as followers of your blog, so that is how you must have gotten my post. I have not been to Arizona since I was a child, but I can remember some of it. The heat without the humidity, is not as bad as it gets here in S. Illinois during the summer. In fact, with my spinal arthritis, I would like to live in Arizona. It does get hot in the summer, so I would prefer an elevated location. Canada must be spectacular with all the mountain range areas as I have seen on TV, that are veiwed from a train ride. I don't post much, and am not on the computer much, but I will keep your blog in my favorites and visit you when I can. mark/salty
Post a Comment