
I am so thankful you do not get bored with my pictures....as I can not do those fancy tags like most of you.
Next to the Lord the most important thing to me is my family. The first picture is of our (I usually say my) son. Here he is in all his finest athletic attire and he was equally proficient in baseball, hockey and football.
I would like to share my story about my son who at the age of seventeen was given a five percent chance to live.
He was in the middle of the football season and had complained about having difficulty breathing. I unfortunately never got to worried and one day when he collapsed running for a touchdown I just chalked it up to the hot day and the fact he had played both defense and offense.
Finally in the later Fall he went to see the Doctor and nothing was discovered. UNFORTUNATELY the Physician never took an x-ray if you can believe it. Time goes on and now we are starting into hockey. Finally in the next year there was a new Doctor in town so I sent our son to see him. No teenage boy wants their mother hanging around. He comes home and I ask, "so what did the Doctor say?" Well my son commented that it was a bit unusual for his age but he thought TJ has Hodgkins Disease. I had never heard of it so foolishly went to the dictionary to see what the definition was and it said terminal disease blah blah blah
The next step was to have tests to verify his concern as he also had discovered a lump on Tj's shoulder.
I will continue this story but want to confess to you all that at this time I have to admit my son was my god....His athletic pursuits devoured my entire being....so as the story will continue you will see as the Lord tells us in His Word that this whole scene was UNTO THE GLORY OF GOD.
The picture shown is the football field in the little town where our kids grew up. TJ was a linebacker and an amazing kicker. He would average 45-50 yards on his field goal attempts.
.....to be continued....
If you ever think to pray for my son, he has never come to grips with God about his anger towards the Almighty because around the time of this illness TJ was drafted with the "Sutter twins" for a possible future in the NHL. His dream all his life like any typical Canadian..

4 comments:
I always enjoy your pictures and your stories Lori; hoping one day he comes to grips with his relationship with the Lord, but I'm thinking he probably will; the Lord has had a shield around him, don't you think?
I too understand about your holding your son up almost like a "god" or "idol"; I've done that in the past with my (see I refer to him as my son instead of our son" a lot
hugs to you
betty
I know you & your hubby are thankful that God spared TJ. Hopefully the day will come when he'll recognize that blessing too. Playing football is so temporary when eternity is considered. Linda in Washington
What a handsome boy he is. Laine xx
http://lainey-lainesworld.blogspot.com/
I can't imagine getting news like that..
I'm glad you post pictures. I think they help bring all of us closer.
I will post pictures as soon as I get some developed.lol...
Have a wonderful Sunday,
Sheri
Post a Comment