Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Contestants in Kellogg's Cooking Contest...Lori and hubby at Emerald Beach Plantation and Hotel

Sorry, I do not know how to put this back in the sequence of my storyline about this contest??

Here are a few more pictures I found. The five of us were the first prize winners in our individuals categories.

The gentleman with us is the President of Kelloggs at this time which was back in 1970.

It was a tremendous time and the next picture was taken at the "Emerald Beach Plantation and Hotel" and the rate at that time was $79.00 US if you can believe it.

Hubby's hair is very short because he was a Police Officer at the time and I was a Piano Teacher.

I like to look back at these pictures and remember what a special blessings the Lord gave me.

It was short of a miracle because I failed Home Economics in school although they did give me enough to go to the next grade.

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Just stopping by your blog to say hello. I discovered you'd left a comment in my Next 20 Years journal. Thank you for stopping in and leaving a comment.

'On Ya'-ma (sometimes known as Pam)

Jeannette said...

Loved seeing the old pictures. It must have been so great for you coming first in your category.

betty said...

I didn't know Chuck was a police officer (or if I did I forgot) and you taught piano, what talent!!

great pictures

betty

Unknown said...

Lori, what a fascinating combination of entries, thoughts, and reflections you have in this blog.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

http://patrickleer.blogspot.com/