
"Avoiding Sin"
I know that I am a lot happier when I avoid sin, but sometimes it is hard to resist Satan's pull.
It is a good thing we have God's Word to give us instructions for doing the right thing.
Chapter 2: verses 10 and 11
Wisdom will come into your heart.
Knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
Foresight will protect you.
Understanding will guard you.
Chapter 16: verses 6 and 17 and 18 and 29
By mercy and faithfulness, peace is made with the Lord.
By the fear of the Lord, evil is avoided....
The highway of decent people turns away from evil.
Whoever watches his way preserves hi own life.
Pride precedes a disaster, and an arrogant attitutue precedes a fall.
A violent person misleads his neighbour and leads him on a path that is not good.
CHAPTER 19: verse 2
A person without knowledge is no good.
A person in a hurry makes mistakes.
CHAPTER 27: verse 12
Sensible people foresee trouble and hide.
Gullible people go ahead and suffer.
CHAPTER 28: verse 14
Blessed is the one who is always fearful of sin
but whoever is hard-hearted falls into disaster.
Dear Lord, Thank-you for giving me this "owner's manual" that upon daily reading I am able to be reminded of your instructions on how to do the right thing. AMEN

2 comments:
ok lori found you lol thanks for mail,hope you are ok. i dont often post these days,but i will try and look in and read your journal.oops blog. take care,keep warm and well mort x
isn't it so nice that we have the very word of God to help us avoid sin?? this was a good devotional, Lori
thanks for your kind words in my new journal; sorry I deleted the other one and didn't send you a link; I was going to the next day after I set up the new blog but you beat me to the punch
take care of yourself
betty
Post a Comment