After our initial retirement from the restaurant business....we took our first try as a "Snowbird" driving our truck and trailer to Arizona last year.. Now there a many many resorts to choose from and we ended up at Cactus Country (Tucson, AZ) Adventurebound Resort...because our dear friends from Olds, AB had spent one month of their 5 while in the USA in our wintertime here in Alberta Canada.
Now as an Albertan and Canadian ALL my life there were some adjustments to be made...like stepping outside the trailer everyday and hmmmmmmmmm NICE NICE weather....
This year we returned again but for an extra month. This time I began to sense more of the "community" as many people here, this is their second home. The friendships forged are quick and endearing..and for hubby and I it was no different.
As I affectionately remember a resident calling me "foreigner" this same person and his dear wife are precious jewels in our hearts.
I believe that in our life the good Lord brings all sorts of people across our paths. Some who can bring out the best in us and others no so...
Of course the usual age is retirement age but there are several families who live in the park and have kids that are either home-schooled or the bus picks them up....therefore you are never totally out of "normality of life"
Somehow it would seem as we age we get to be a bit more cantankerous with noise levels of children and pets and just generally do not remember what life is meant to be about.
I to have found after that "empty nest" that is was great to have the peace and tranquillity...but have quickly decided I could never go to one of the places that do NOT allow children, pets, or anything that might annoy the older generation.
I surely pray that I will always remember that the voices of small ones can be one of the sweetest sounds you hear.
I am posting some pictures of the park, the dear folks who manage it now, units parked, places we met for coffee and doughnuts..and believe me DO NOT BE LATE or there is nothing left.
As I flipped through this collage my heart was lifted and I thanked the Lord for the special time He allowed Chuck and I this March and April...and pray He will allow us to return next year.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















8 comments:
It is a beautiful place. I know about the community you feel in places like that as in the summer I go to my camper that sits permanently at a campground. I've made some wonderful friends there. Soon it will be nice weather where you are but it'll be nice to know that when the cold winds and snow are blowing next winter you'll have a nice spot in the sun to return to.
Have you moved your unit out for the summer yet Ma?
that looks like a nice place to winter at, Lori; I do like that it sounds like there is such a sense of community and friendships there; hopeful that you will be able to return there too next year
betty
Well first may I say Lora a big big thankyou for visiting my blog.I have just taken a long break and still need time out,so I am afraid I shall not be commenting regular at this time,but I sure did enjoy your wonderful posting.What great pictures you have here to show us all.Your header so reminds me of the time my Son drove us through Arizona one time whilst on holiday in various parts of the USA.Am I right in saying we went here from The Hoover Dam.(I am not very good at geography LOL!!) I know it was a long long drive we took that day.We actually crossed 4 states he told us,as we stared out in Las Vegas.Phew it was a looooong day too.So happy you had a wonderful time.I will visit your blog again in due course.Until next time ..Take Care God Bless Kath xx
What a beautiful site! I can see how you had a great time making lovely memories tere. Here's to making many more once yu are well again.
Much love
Jeanie xxx
Awwww fantastic photos, a beautiful site! No wonder you love it! xxxx
Hello! Lori
Came to find you after your 'visit' to me.....
We are both fighting the fight at the moment, but hopefully Cancer will be ruled out for me with upcoming Biopsies.
Loved the pictures, and would so love to do that.
Aileen...X
Returning next year whole, healthy and ready for adventure! That's my prayer for you my friend.
Post a Comment