Friday, May 21, 2010

Canada celebrates the Queen's birthday!

Well neither snow, nor sleet...etc. keeps we Canucks from getting out the trailers and tents for the first go at summer camping.   Our area here in Alberta is pouring rain but I see the campground just down the road has quite a few units parked.
Today I had several inoculations and I guess that is in case the Dr. decides to remove my spleen....right now my left arm is sure sore...
I spent the day at my eldest helping clean her place but managed to catch her for a bite during her break at the hospital.  I sure they know how fortunate they are to have such a great Nurse...but then I guess I am somewhat prejudiced...although it really was upon her insistence I go to the ER in Tucson as when I explained where the major pain had started to come she told me "Mother that is your pancreas"
I look forward to attending church on Sunday after being away for almost 4.5 months....
We will then connect with our friends who initially told us about Tucson,  at a favourite restaurant in the city of Red Deer.   Decent food but the nicest thing is the ambiance and soft music.  I guess I am just an old fogey as I detest these places that have the music (well I do not call it that) blaring and you can not hear yourself think.

Sending hugs to you...and thanks again for those who are praying for me and the family.

Blessings ALBERTA Lori

PS pictures are of some cacti that we sent to a friend last year in Tucson...these plants amaze me...

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope your weekend is a great one. The pictures are beautiful. Who would think a cactus could produce such lovely flowers.

slj said...

I have a Christmas cactus and I love it when it blooms..
I'm sure that reconnecting with fellow church members will be a good thing for you:)
I'm with you on the idea of a loud atmosphere when I am dining out..LOL.
Hugs,
Sheri

betty said...

I bet you will enjoy seeing your friends at church tomorrow Lori and enjoying time with them :)

betty