Friday, January 1, 2010
Those Crazy Canucks!
Well dear Journal Friends here is how Lori and hubby and son spent bringing in the New Year....well almost because about 11:45 I just could not keep awake any longer.
The young fellow who originally bought our cafe has a beautiful property in the country and behind the house is a forest and he built a fort there with wall and one part was covered with a tarp....so they built up the fire pit till the flames reached over the top of the fort.
We sat around....would come closer to the fire to warm up....or away to not melt your contacts...
Everyone brought goodies so there was perogies and cabbage rolls, turkey, beef, mashed potatoes, salads buns to name a few.
There was drinks of your choice but of course some of them started to freeze very quickly so you would put your can or bottle closer to the fire to thaw out....
A young lady sang for us who had the voice of an angel...She sang Ava Maria....and it was like and angel from heaven had come down to our little spot.
There were young and old and in-between ages...and we just visited and talked about the past year we had and the hope of better things to come...
I always get sleepy around a fire so at 11:45 I bid everyone a Happy New Year and we headed home..
I quickly jumped into the shower to wash my hair and shed my clothes so that in bed I did not smell like smoked meat.
It was fun....today just relaxing...will catch some football games and right now Hubby and son are watching the Flyers and Bruins at a special game set up at Fenway Park.
Oh yes the "BLUE MOON" was incredible and the temperature was around -20 F (to help my American friends) The fort kept the wind out somewhat but as we sat there I thought someone from NY would think we would totally nuts....and that was how the name Crazy Canucks started....actually with a foursomeof skiers years ago that continued to dominate the industry.
Who knows what the year or tomorrow will hold....but I always like to sing I DO know who holds tomorrow...and on Him I lean everyday when I think my world is going out of control.
I send to you all my most sincere love and blessings and a desire for health and well being in 2010
ALBERTA Lori
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
You are colder there than we are but we are getting down close to zero with the wind chill here. A wonderful day to stay inside for sure. Happy New Year!
I can't believe it's actually 2010. I mean back in the 60's that was so far off...we couldn't even imagine what life would be like. We are at 50 degrees here this morning. Happy New Year~praying it's filled with God's blessings
Linda in Washington state
it's about 11 f here today, will be low teens or single digits as far as weather forecast can predict...with some -0 nights. brrr too cold for this old gal.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
That is a crazy tradition, glad your digits made it in one piece :o) Happy New Year.
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! :)
what a fun way to spend New Year Eve Lori! the weather seemed a bit cold for me but with a fire I bet it made it a bit more pleasant to be out celebrating the time with friends :)
I am with you; I don't know what the future holds but I know who holds the future and that is good enough for me
hope you all have a joyous new year
betty
Sounds like a great time..I didn't make it to midnight either..lol
Nice pictures!
Have a wonderful New Year!
Hugs, Sheri
A very happy new year to you and your family Lori! It sounded like a beautiful night for you all. Sorry I've been absent but work keeps getting in the way of my life! Jeannette xx
I'm glad you had a nice New Year's Eve. Hope you have a great year. By the way, you can take back this Canadian cold front that you were so nice to share with all of us Yanks just any old time you'd like to! lol It is SO cold here right now. Next week is supposed to be better, so I guess I'll just have to bear with it.
Post a Comment