Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mixed Emotions...

Well it is minus 27 Celsius today and we have oodles of snow....The kids love to slid down the hill across the street...oh....to be a kid again when the cares of the world are not so heavy on the heart.


Just received a call that a school chum passed away on the 26th.   I am so grateful that he took the time this June to come to our school reunion and we had such a good visit.   Darrold was a retired RCMP officer but over the years had suffered health issues.
His cause of death was exactly what almost killed me septic shock....There is only on brother left as the sister died of MS a few years ago.


It seems that all around me I have to grasp for what is happy and so last night I just went to bed and cried unto the Lord.....continuing to ask Him to help with the release of my grown kids...


I must get something accomplished today for our upcoming journey on January 10.   I was SO happy that I finally got my eldest girl and kids and son's daughter a flight to LAX.
I detest the game airlines play...My hubby and I are people that like to PLAN ahead but in flying that does no good as the one flight has dropped from $130. to 71.00 and the penalties they make to change are not worth.


Also since this last incident the restrictions on baggage has dramatically changed....I am happy I am not flying as I had not heard you are NOT allowed to go the the restroom ONE hour prior to landing....this old girl would have to wear a diaper....all jokes aside there will be 3 little boys on the plane...so maybe mom should bring along a empty pop bottle as bizarre as it sounds.
No carry on wheels baggage...only a purse, lap top bag, SMALL back pack are allowed.
I understand....but once more we all are inconvenienced because someone did not do their job.


I thank the Lord that that recent attempt to not kill everyone on that plane.   


Sending you all my love....praying for your well being...





ALBERTA Lori


I keep looking at these Butchart Garden pictures to reassure me the snow will go again..

5 comments:

slj said...

Hello Lori,
I'm sorry to hear about your school chum. I'm sure you find some comfort that you were able to spend time with him at the school reunion.
I hope the New Year brings you peace,joy and good health!
I have some beautiful pictures of my visit to the Butchart Gardens:)
Hugs, Sheri

Sheila Y said...

Wishing you safe travels on your trip. Happy New Year!!! Sheila

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Loosing those we care for is always hard but we do have to be thankful they were in our lives for what ever time was allowed. I hope all your travel plans run smoothly and that you will have a safe and happy trip.
Best wishes for a very Happy New Year!

betty said...

sorry about your school friend, Lori, but I'm glad you had a good visit with him at the reunion

I did hear about the new restrictions for traveling; just the thought of not being able to go to the bathroom for an hour would make me have to go to the bathroom

it was a balmy 70 degrees here today; I know you'll look forward to your Arizona trip in a few months

Happy New Year!

betty

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

The hardest part of getting older is number of folks who aren't around to finish the journey with us. All the best to you and yours this year dear Lori!

What a beautiful garden!