



As we travelled around the country we saw so many interesting sites. There is a picture here of the cairn to mark where Geronimo surrendered. If you google his name there is many facts that are interesting...I found the fact he embraced the Christian faith late in his life to be one.
Also are picture of the remnants of the mines in Bisbee, AZ. This little community was very interesting and I am sure the majority of the hippies of the USA migrated there after the 70's.
Also of course is the picture of the main street of Tombstone...Imagine all the colourful characters that walked that street.

6 comments:
I'm pushing for a side trip to Tombstone sometime in the next month. Planning to leave Monday May 11th but I have no clue which route we're taking, so don't know if we'll make it or not. Linda in Washington
great pics!
Love the history, i'll look up Geronimo later.
You really did get to see alot. I love armchair traveling and I thank you for sharing the pictures.
Through others I get see alot that I wouldn't otherwise
Interesting pictures Lori. Chief Black Hawk also converted as did a lot of others.
Very nice pictures. Aging hippies in that town, eh? Where are those pictures? lol
Sorry I haven't been around lately Lori, life just gets in the way! I've been to Tombstone, it's a beautifully preserved town, I loved it, especially the Birdcage Theatre. There are so many interesting places in the States, I could spend the rest of my life wandering there! Jeannette xx
Post a Comment