


One of our dreams was to take in a Spring Training baseball game and we were able to realise this one day as we watched the Colorado Rockies and the Diamondbacks play. What could be more fun that sitting on the third base line, eating lots of yummy food, cheering great plays and visiting with the folks next to us.
Jokingly I have said one fantasy I have if I had zillions would be to buy a MLB team. Despite the fact that we live in "hockey country" I really have to confess that baseball is my favourite game.
Years ago hubby had been drafted from High School to play for Arizona State but when the fact that games were played on Sunday, the decision was already made...so I am sure as hubby and I sat there, his mind drifted back to "what might have been."
These pictures are nothing extra special and only can invoke a feeling of one of the great privileges we have in N. America is the freedom just to enjoy a day at the ball park.
PS WELL I had to have something to keep the sun out....

4 comments:
What A great day!
It's always nice to realize a dream. I'm glad that you were able to.
Great pictures..
Hugs, Sheri
How cute you look in your cowboy hat. Glad you had such a good time.
I'm from "baseball country" and hockey is my truest sports passion. (my gal pal will bop me if I don't say that she is my truest passion...lol) so I understand how things can be turned upside down. I love sports down here but two of my favorites are from north of the 49th parellel. Hockey and 3-down football... go figure!!
God Bless you and your family Lori,
Mik
Post a Comment