Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our Friend Santa


I was prompted after reading a story by another blogger to post this picture. I can not find the one of hubby who would help out our friend for the Christmas season.
Marv and his wife did this in one of the malls for years and years. At time the wife was dubious about it all because for THEM the Lord's birth is what it is all about...but after observing Marv and his interaction of love and caring I told my friend that she need not worry as I could see the good he did.
I can NOT find the picture of hubby as who knows where it might be in my mess...but both the fellows would grow out their beards and dye them and so they looked VERY authentic.
I remember on time watching hubby and there was a lady in line with a grandchild and Chuckie spotted her (he had worked with her WAY back in the early 60's) and called out "Effie, I am not sure that you have been a good girl or not" Needless to say this grown women looked shocked and to this day she never knew WHO was playing Santa that day.
My hubby who is rarely shows an artistic side created stories about all the large stuffed animals that made up the display around the big Santa's chair.
He just LOVED what he did and it was amasing to see the special touch of these men towards the little ones and parents who came to see Santa.

I have no idea what my little grandchild was eating that moment to make her lips so dark...She is the daughter of the ER Nurse...and now 14

7 comments:

Randy said...

Hello Miss Lori,

Love the story I know your friends did a wonderful thing and bet they really had fun doing it. Children grow so fast don't they.

God Bless

Randy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It would be a great job! I think Santa knows the real meaning of the Season and only helps to spread the love that our dear Lord gives us. 'On Ya'-ma

Janie said...

That is a cute story. TY for sharing. Been sooo busy but wanted to drop in and say hello and wish you a early Merry Christmas. Hope you have a blessed week with LOTS of blessings, Janie

betty said...

what sweet memories!! I think its neat that your Chuckie played Santa; I bet he and his friend could write a book about the things they heard the kids say; surely lots of funny sayings I'm sure!!

cute picture of your grand-daughter when she was smaller!

betty

Jeanie said...

Memories! You can't beat this kind. What a lovely story Lori.
I hope you have a lovely Christmas.
Love
Jeanie xxx

garnett109 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog > I'm trying to follow your blog but there is no place to follow!
Merry Christmas!

Sheila Y said...

Great story. I love to see the ones that look like they truly enjoy what they are doing. Have a Merry Christmas...Sheila