Monday, December 15, 2008

One moment they are children and the next they have their own children




Daughters* oldest is an ER Nurse youngest is a home-maker(former Paramedic)

It sometimes amazes me that children born to the same parents can be SO different. My girl's have some qualities of their parents (good and bad) but these young ladies make me so proud as a mother for their maturity, intelligence, kind-heartedness and all that they have become as adults.

Do you ever wish for just a day to have your "kids" back as they were as children?

I always tell friends who have teenagers if you can manage to get through those tough years sometimes, you will find your best friends at the end of road.

Three of my best friends are my kids although we do not agree on many things most of the time....we have a love and respect for one another.

4 comments:

betty said...

they are beautiful!! they definitely take after their mother!! and that they are both wonderful women too! you are blessed Lori!! I keep hearing that adult children make the bestest of friends; I'm waiting for those days; we are just in the end of our teen years so we have a few more years of struggles

enjoy the day; it is raining here in Southern California

betty

Linda's World said...

Yes, I agree with Betty, they are both beautiful. I guess it's a good thing that our kids aren't exactly like us. Each has their own personality & that's ok. My daughter had a slightly different personality than me but we always got along very well. Since she had the crippling stroke, she's a totally different person & sometimes difficult to be around. I feel sorry for her poor husband. Linda in below freezing Washington

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yes, our children can be our friends too ! I think your right about that. As adults there are many times I have had reason to disagree with them but mostly I'm just so glad they are the good people that they are. All of them are really a bright spot in my life for sure. All individuals in their own right. Teen years were hard to get through but once we made it through that things calmed down considerably. 'On Ya'-ma

Jeannette said...

I know my daughter is my friend. For that, I thank God when you hear home some turn out. Your girls are beautiful and you have every right to be proud. Yes, just now and again I would like to have her back little again, maybe that is natural to all Mums.