Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My apologies for story not in order



Dear Friends,


Boy where was my mind as writing...If you are confused it is because the blog you see last should proceed the ***********************markings. I aologise for this mix-up





Our son today has been sick from what they call Febrile Neutropenia and was hospitalized for a couple of weeks.
Our initial concern was that his cancer was back but all tests came back benign.

He left the hospital after massive doses of antibiotics but is now at home not mending very well. I believe he has slipped into a major depression and he also has not followed up with some blood work.

This son is not a boy but coming 44 next birthday but I guess in my mind he is still my little boy that came fighting into this world at his lowest weight of 4-8. There is never a doubt that the Almighty has his hand on TJ with his preemie birth, his young mother's ignorance of care for him, hit with a car at 7 and then cancer at 17. I continue to tell our son that God has a mighty plan for His life.



The picture included is old as his daughter is fourteen now. As you can see TJ's hair never really came back after his treatments...and the miracle was the Radiologist told him he probably would never have kids....so I had mixed emotions when he informed me of the pregnancy. I still believe in old fashioned marriage. Of course since the split with the mother of our grandchild there has been much difficulty in dealing with issues in his heart.
I know it will ONLY be God that can change him....but this mother keeps praying and praying and praying.

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

This mother prays alot too. It seems that is my job now that they are no longer home for me to care for them. They were gifts to us and we treasure them so.
'On Ya'-ma

Barb Davis said...

So glad you found my blog. Please come by often! Blessings, Barbara

Lori said...

I'm so sorry your son has been ill and is going through some depression. I can imagine how worried you must be. Please take care, and your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

betty said...

I think all of us moms pray a lot for our kids and I think we pray more the older they get and the less they are under our "rule" so to speak

just keep praying Lori; the Lord hears your prayer; oh, I have a great devotional that came about prayer this morning.........

its from Godspeaks.com; they send a daily devotional out and it is always good:

Persevere In Prayer

"One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up."
- (Luke 18:1 NLT)

If you haven't already noticed, the disciples were like us in many ways. One big area was in the need to persevere in prayer. Christ shared a story with them that underscored its importance.

He told of a widow who asked a corrupt judge to see to it that justice was served. The judge did his best to ignore her, but she kept at it and wouldn't give up. She launched an all out blitz on this man until she wore him out. Eventually, the judge gave in because it was the only alternative to going insane. Then Jesus made this story relevant to them:

Then the Lord said, "Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don't you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?" (Luke 18:6-7 NLT)

Sometimes our prayers are instantly answered. Sometimes it takes a week or two to see a response. And then there are times when a month, six months, a year, or even ten years pass without any apparent answer. What should we do? Remember the story Jesus shared. The widow wouldn't give up, no matter what. She kept at it and was eventually rewarded.

As disciples, we don't need to know why it's taking so long for our prayers to be answered. That's not our area of responsibility. Our responsibility is to simply persevere in prayer and trust that a Righteous Judge is hearing our requests.

so just keep on praying :)

betty

slj said...

wow, you do not look like the Mom of a 44 year old:)
We never stop worrying about our kids. That's what Moms do.
Prayers for all,
Sheri

Jeanie said...

Dear Lori,

I am a great believer in prayer.
I shall keep your son in my prayers until he is well again.
God Bless
Jeanie xx