
The trips from home to Edmonton were only on the Monday and at this time of walking a deep valley our business was on the brink of bankruptcy. Due to having "personal guarantees" on our large motorcycles from Honda and Artic Cat snowmobiles etc. it meant that when our loan was called we were placed in personal bankruptcy which means you lose everything you have...Our house that was paid for, and the only thing we could keep were the clothes on our back. I had recently bought a new little K Car as I needed something to take me back and forth to the cancer clinic and so the trustee said, "Lori, you do not have enough money into this car SO if you can convince Chrysler you can make the payments you keep it."
This is where living in a small town helps as I went to the salesperson at the garage and he pleaded our case to the Chrysler Credit and we were able to keep it.
You all know that our God provides for us each and everyday but sometimes it has to be SO IN YOUR FACE that you know beyond a doubt it is from the hand of GOD...
During this time I could tell you story after story of His miraculous provisions but "that is another story another time"
This is where living in a small town helps as I went to the salesperson at the garage and he pleaded our case to the Chrysler Credit and we were able to keep it.
You all know that our God provides for us each and everyday but sometimes it has to be SO IN YOUR FACE that you know beyond a doubt it is from the hand of GOD...
During this time I could tell you story after story of His miraculous provisions but "that is another story another time"
At one point my hubby had to give me a good shake and remind me that we had two other children in the family as my instinct was to totally focus on my boy...
We would come home from his chemo. and there he would sit on the lu and head in the sink for hours until there was nothing but bile coming up.
We would come home from his chemo. and there he would sit on the lu and head in the sink for hours until there was nothing but bile coming up.
On one of the trips to the clinic TJ balked at anymore of the treatments so when the Ongologist came in I asked for a few moments with my son.
I told him we had NO choice but had to continue on if we wanted to have any chance for him to survive.
The next trip up the Nurse gave me the Rx and I questioned it because I was very aware that the one drug was quadrupled and in my simple mind that meant that the cancer had got worse.

2 comments:
Lori, Thank you for sharing your story.
Yes, sometimes a person has no choice but to see that God had a hand in helping with a situation:)
Can't wait for the rest of the story...Get busy girl.lol
Hugs, Sheri
A terrible experience~going thru a serious illness with your child. Thanks for sharing your story. Linda in Washington
Post a Comment