Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It is hard to practise what I preach!

I will continue with the Lola-Bell story later but right now I want to share what happened yesterday. Ironically as we drove over to Red Deer for hubby's Cardiac Rehab. appointment I was reading "The Purpose Driven Life" for us and it was about surrendering......
Anyway we were to pick-up our trailer than had been winterized (for you that do not experience that season to speak of) it means preparing your unit for when it goes down to zero and below.
Thankfully hubby walked around the unit after we hooked up and was shocked to see that the door was jimmied and the jam all twisted. It was obvious someone had broken into the storage lot and was tying to get anything out they could.
Our TV looked like the target but they must have been interrupted or something.
So what is my point....As I felt the tears well up as we were so happy to have got this unit after not camping for 35 years and now it was damaged. I swallowed hard and said, "OK everything WE have is God's and if you want to mess with God's stuff than it is out of my hands anything that might happen...because Chuck and I have always released (well not always) EVERYTHING we have, any business we had and most time our children to be the full property of the Lord.
I am just sad that our world has become like this where people no longer respect anyone or anything.
I remember when no doors had to be locked. Since moving to this little village we have been vandalised in our mobile concession unit we had and our little cafe called The Cross-Eyed Giraffe..
So back to the reading....Lori can you really practise what you try to preach and KNOW to be God's instruction for you???

Blessings on this Remembrance Day or Veterans Day to my American friends.


www.lorisletterbox.blogspot.com

5 comments:

betty said...

I'm so sorry Lori; its sad like you said that we live in a world where you can't keep anything safe even with it locked up; I think more than mourning the violation of your property, its the fact that there are people out there doing this thing; you just want to grab a hold of them and tell them about the Lord and his saving grace

I love the Purpose Driven Life!! that really helped me put so much in perspective about my life; you would think that Rick Warren, who wrote it, would be very pretentious, but he isn't; like a big teddy bear; (we went to Saddleback, the church he pastors, for several months before we moved)

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is a sad thing for sure and I'd be hard pressed not to be anxious about it. Hope the damage can be repaired and that nothing futher happens. No place seems safe any more. Everyday the news is full of it. We just have to be thankful that no people were injured. Always something to be thankful about. 'On Ya'-ma

Linda's World said...

It is frustrting to have this kind of thing happen because we work hard for the things we have. And it seems like those who break in, vandalize and/or steal do nothing but take whatever they want, like they feel it's owed to them. I understand your point about everything belonging to God~but as humans we still feel violated when something like this happens. Linda in WA

Lori said...

When someone damages or takes something that belongs to you, you feel victimized (because you have been victimized) and you go through a bit of grief. It is so terrible that things are so bad these days, and I'm afraid they're just going to get worse. Gone are the days of not locking our doors.

I Have Tea said...

Hi Lori,
I'm so sorry that this happened to you and your husband.

I haven't read The Purpose Driven Life, but have wanted to, and on your recommendation, will do so soon.

Thank you for stopping by my journal and for your kind comments. Bless you, here's hoping and praying things go better for you and your husband.