Sunday, October 26, 2008

DIDACTIC DISCOURSE


"ANGER AND CONFLICT"



I am often very negligent in my devotions and if I accomplish nothing else I try to read a Psalm and Proverb that co-ordinates with the date.
I thought I would try and write a few thoughts I have and maybe they will help you as they have me.

I like to get my own way and often the circumstances of life make me angry! I have found the Proverbs have some wise things to say about handling those irritating feelings and responses.

Chapter12 verse 16 When a stubborn fool is irritated, he shows it immediately, but a sensible person hides the insult.

Chapter 14 verses 17 and 29 and 30 A short-tempered person acts stupidly.
A person of great understanding is patient, but a
short temper is the height of stupidity

Chapter 15 verse 1 and 18 A gentle answer turns away rage, but a harsh word stirs up anger

A hothead stirs up a fight, but one who holds his temper
calms disputes.


"Dear Lord, I thank you for the many wise words that can be found in the Proverbs. Help me to remember these concepts and incorperate them into my daily life." Amen

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

Good proverbs and so very true. I love the little reactions thing at the bottom of your blog, how did you get that? I think it is so interesting for people, something extra for them to do.

Unknown said...

"...often the circumstances of life make me angry" AMEN! ... and a most creative and wise solution.

Caregivingly Yours, Patrick
http://caregivinglyyours.blogspot.com/

http://patrickleer.blogspot.com/

betty said...

aren't Proverbs wonderful? when I read them, I am amazed at how many proverbs there are about controlling the tongue! (and of being a quarrelsome wife) I hope you share more with us

betty

Janie said...

I have learned that being silent is one of the HARDEST things to do. I still have a long way to go. God Bless, Janie