Friday, June 25, 2010

Tough Day

Hello Dear friends of Lori's Letterbox.

I managed to hijack my mom's blog and figured out her password so I could enter a post.  I (Dana, her youngest daughter) got home from the hospital not too long ago and unfortunately the news is not good.  I'm not sure when Mom will be online again, and thought you all might like to know what the results of the surgery are.

It turned out that the cancer has spread to her liver, and the surgeon ended up removing the small tumour there while leaving the pancreas intact.  He said the course of action now is chemotherapy for quality of life.  We all knew from the beginning that pancreatic cancer is one of the worst to get; however, we never gave up hope that our Lord would choose to heal her completely if that was His will.  There have been a lot of tears today as we think about the days ahead, wondering how many precious moments we have left with our dearest Mother.  I know she has touched many lives over the years, but for those of us who see her or talk to her every day it is hard to imagine life without her.  Please pray that she will have great courage during this time of suffering, and for my Dad who quietly sits beside his loved one of nearly 50 years.

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me."

Mom & Dad at Gull Lake:  June 23, 2010

18 comments:

Daria said...

Sending her strength and courage ... let her know she is being thought of.

Linda's World said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I imagine we were all praying that what ever was there would be contained and not have spread. I will continue to lift her up (as well as all of you) in the coming days. Linda in Washington state

Jeanie said...

I am so sorry to hear this news!
I will keep your Mom in my prayers.
May God bless her and give her some repite with this chemtherapy treatment.
My prayers are with you all.
Jeanie

Mik said...

First of all, thank you Dana for letting us know what's going on with your mom. We all care and are in prayer for her and her health, and for you and your family to serve as a source of comfort and strength. But I also pray that God gives you and your family comfort and strength through such a difficult and painful ordeal. Godspeed...

Mik

Ro said...

Praying for all of you.

ADB said...

Thank you for this update, Dana. I'm very sorry to hear of this bad news, but hope your mom can be made comfortable through the chemo and other measures. I wish you all strength in the weeks and months ahead. Please keep us posted.

Guido
Stornoway, UK

Ron & Dee's Great Adventure said...

Lori i such a positive person. We'll keep that in our prayers. God will take care of her.

Lori said...

Know that Lori and the whole family are in my prayers and thoughts. Thank you for letting us know.

From Indiana Lori

Connie said...

So very sorry to hear this.You're all in my prayers..HUGS

Lori J said...

Although I have semi-closed this blog I still love to receive little notes about the fun and happy things going on in your lives.....SO
if you are interested just send to my ABIceQueen@gmail.com

August 17 we will be going down to Calgary to see the Onocoly board to determine what they have decided on my treatment...It makes me nervous and the reminder to chemo. is still very clear in my mind.

Love and hugs and blessings,

ALBERTA Lori please write

Lori J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

I have not been online (blog land) and have been wondering for some time how your mom was doing. She used to email me from time to time. Praying that God will send special comfort to you and yours this day and give you strength! God Bless.

Sugar said...

I have not been blogging since May. Just saw this & wanted to let you all know I have Lori in my thoughts & prayers. May God give her peace & comfort, & may He give the family strength to get thu the difficult time ahead. Hoping for the best & many precious memories yet to be made!

Clinica Psicologia Lisboa said...

Just read it and thanks the post again. Best Regards, Pedro

Clinica Psicologia Lisboa said...

Just read it and thanks the post again. Best Regards, Pedro

Unknown said...

Definitely be praying for your Mom. I thank the Lord for prayer, for a GOD that always honors our faith, however small it may be.

Natasha said...

I was randomly checking blogs when I saw this. I hope you all find peace and wish you all, including her courage .
Natasha