Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oh my goodness I thought I might end up in Tombstone

A very early good morning to my Journal friends!   I woke up to her the wind picking up and I MUST remember to bring in anything that might blow away.  I think possibly an early walker was kind enough to put my towels, flag, etc. etc. under the table.
With AZ not having DST I have to be mindful when I phone or SKYPE the family....
Yesterday was a good day although it involved cleaning but sometimes that chore helps relieve any anxiety I may have.
I was down at the office telling the girls about my struggle with homesickness and there was a letter from my youngest grandsons with pictures of the desert they had drawn.   I quickly withdrew as the tears started to come.  Oh my I am such a cry baby.
Today it typically free doughnuts and coffee at the recreational hall and I am thinking how well my suggestion to hubby to maybe have some toast HERE and just enjoy fellowship and coffee?
Let face it losing weight is not helped by indulging oneself with these...although I am not the one to talk as anything sweet goes into my mouth.
I signed us up for the Pizza Party tonight and that will eleviate me cooking....There is ALWAYS something going on and you can be as involved as you might want to be.
Well dear ones I think I am going to pull up the covers and see if I can grab a few winks before I REALLY have to get up.


Blessings,


ALBERTA Lori (holidaying in Tucson AZ)

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

A month from today I'll be going to open up my camper at the campsite for the season. I can hardly wait. They have lots of things like you have there. Sometimes we participate sometimes not. But I do have some of my family there so it is not a lonesome time for me. I have the lonesome time when I am home. Enjoy your sunshine and warm days!

Sheila Y said...

Sorry you are having such homesickness, but I hope you are able to have a good time. Will you be coming through Alabama? Take care, Sheila

slj said...

Hi Lori,
Sounds like you got the letter and pictures from your grandsons just at the right time:)
I feel so bad for your daughter. I will keep her in my prayers.
Enjoy your wonderful weather..I love the picture of your view..
Sheri

betty said...

good that you are at a park where they do a lot of fun activities; hope you enjoyed pizza night. I think the occasional donut is not too bad, but making a habit of them is not wise.

sorry you are having so much homesickness. I know you do love your children and grands so very much. I thought it was neat how you got a letter from your grandsons,I know you will enjoy looking at the picture often, and before long, you will be home and that cold wet weather will be a thing of the past

betty

Jeanie said...

Dear Lori

So sorry to read that you are homesick. I hope your pizza party cheered you up and kept your mind distracted for a little while.
How lovely for you to get a drawing from your grandsons. It makes one feel so special...doesn't it?
Hope you enjoyed your snuggly 'forty winks'. lol
Jeanie xxxxx