Friday, January 8, 2010

So much to do and so little time...

Well here it is 8 PM Alberta time and the drugs they gave me today for my procedure...where they put a tube down you throat...to check for any obstructions, cancer etc, have still not worn off.


 Hubby and son came with me and the whole room was packed and as soon as you were co-herant they booted you out as the needed the bed for the next patient.


The trailer has arrived outside where we cleared the snow and so tomorrow I will be on full alert to get it packed as our plan is to leave first thing on Sunday am.


Our first stay for a couple of weeks is the one at Salome, AZ called Desert Gold. 
 We then head to San Pedro for the family cruise to the Mexican Riviera...where our family will fly down to meet us.   SURE glad I am travelling and not flying...the restrictions are brutal...like you can not go to the bathroom ONE hour prior to landing!!!!!!


After that we will send part of the family home to Canada and the youngest girl and her gang will rent a car and come and stay at another campground called Black Gold which is also Salome, AZ
They have little motel units where the kids can stay.  
After we take them on Valentine's day to fly home we have about a couple of weeks to do whatever before we are booked into the Cactus Country RV resort in Tucson where we went last year.   We will be there until May 1st. when we start heading over to Tampa.   We will stop at interesting tourist places like the Alamo etc. and then stay at a nice place called Bay Bayou in Florida.
Our second cruise called "Malt Shop Memory" cruise is out of Tampa and Lori will pull out the 50s outfit and enjoy going back in time.   Frankie AVALON, Bobby RYDELL, The PLATTERS, Leslie GORE etc. etc. will be entertaining us.


After we get back we will stay a few days up in Orlando and then start our way home to Canada via part of the Civil War trail.


Hubby also wants to take in the big aquarium at Atlanta...and we want to go to the TIFFEN motorhome factory in Red Bay , Alabama..


By the time we get home the snow should be gone....I am hoping not to get to homesick....
We are looking forward to reconnecting with some new friends we made last year.


I feel blessed to have this opportunity to travel...and after some very serious health issues with hubby and me we want to embrace all opportunities we can.


Will be following your journals...Hoping to touch base with a couple of you along the way.


All the best in the New Year..



ALBERTA Lori

14 comments:

Sugar said...

hoping you come round quickly from the drugs that you were given, { } also, that results from procedure are favorable.
have a lovely time on your trip.
may 2010 bring you & family much joy.
huggies...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thankfully you have some warmer weather and sunshine to look forward to. The agenda for your trip sounds wonderful and I know your family will be appreciating the get away too. I'll be praying for a safe and happy trip for you.

Lori J said...

Thanks Sugar and Ma for your kind words.
Right now I am hanging on for CC operators to let them know we are out of country.
I recently tried to purchase Disneyland tickets and it was denied so I DO NOT NEED that hassle...
Anyway must get dressed and start packing the trailer.

Will keep in touch along the way.

Blessings and love

ALBERTA Lori

Ken Riches said...

Safe travels.

Linda's World said...

Have a wonderful time Lori. San Pedro is a beautiful port to sail out of. We've sailed out of there twice. It's actually called the Los Angeles Cruise Center. I still feel bad that we had to cancel our Mexican Rivera Cruise in Oct 2008, when I got so sick & the Emergency Room doctor wouldn't give me permission to travel. I was visiting friends in San Antonio back in 1987 and they took me to the Alamo. It was an experience to be there and think about what took place there. Be sure and explore the River Walk in SA. You're going to have a wonderful adventure! Linda in Washington

Missie said...

I always hate the way I feel after being druged up like that. Hope by now you're feeling better.

slj said...

Hi Lori,
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for good test results:)
Also that you have safe travels and good times.
Feel better!
Hugs, Sheri

Lori said...

Sounds wonderful Lori!! I hope you guys have a wonderful, wonderful time!

Mik said...

Hey Lori,
Glad you're out and about again. Enjoy your travel time. It seems like you're going to some really cool places this year. Hope the Disney thing works out.

Stay Warm!

Mik

natalie said...

have a great time!
love,natalie

Leonard Okoth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
natalie said...

lots of love and hugs and Best Wishes! I hope you have lots of discoveries on your travels!
hugs,natalie
Lurkynat