Saturday, December 5, 2009

Embracing Life and Growing older...


Dear Journal Friends,

Well as I reached a landmark today with my 65th. it seems I have been struggling within my heart about growing old gracefully....
I thank the Lord everyday for the life He gives me but I ask Him to help me make those days count for eternity...
I look at my children and grandkids and feel a sense of anxiety that I want to be around to see them grow up into adults...my own kids reach a place of a faith that is secured in Jesus Christ.
Today I told hubby I was going to write down where I lived for every birthday the past 65. It was not hard and for most my life has been one of constant blessing and joy...
There of course have been valleys...but it was during one of those valleys that I truly embraced the spirit of the Lord and from that day forward have strived to be a good ambassador of the gospel.
As a child and wife and mother who has been dearly loved by those in family I will never cease to thank my Saviour for His gifts.

At this time of year I always seem to become so reflective because of the birthday but mostly because on the 13 it will be the 42 year of my mother's passing.
I amaze that although I had her a very short time...the enduring impact she had on me as a mother...I only wish that we could have known each other longer with me an adult..and for sure one that had started to life a faith based life.

I send to you all my most sincere desire for a blessed Christmas...to enjoy time with family and friends...and to reach out to those in need.

Our ALBERTA weather right now is very cold (-20 C) and as crazy as I might sound I just came home from a quick walk. Needed to get some fresh air and clear my head.

8 comments:

betty said...

Happy Birthday Lori!!! brrr with the weather! I hope you had a nice birthday; I like the idea of writing down where you lived from now on for your birthdays

(this is really "weird" but my mom died on 12/13 but 3 years ago)

(I'm also a December baby :)

yep we definitely need to reach out to those in need!!!

and we need to keep spreading the good news of Jesus :)

betty

Sugar said...

wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday! hope you had a lovely day.
may our Father cont to bless you & yours, & may you cont to spread that love & His blessings on to others.
a prayer & a big hug...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Birthday ! That 65th one is an eye opener isn't it. I did that this past March and it really did make me think for sure. I hope you have a special day and celebrate all the years you have had and the ones to come. May the dear Lord bless you today and always!

garnett109 said...

Happy 65th and a Very Merry Christmas!

slj said...

Happy Birthday Lori!! Hope you had a nice one.
Many Birthday hugs to you,
stay warm,
Sheri

Lori J said...

Thank-you dear journal friends for your kind thoughts.

Alrighty...Mrs. J is really struggling with leaving her family for so long...although very excited for the places we are going to visit.
My friend has suggested signing up to SKYPE and I have done that BUT think I need to get some ear phones or whatever as I can see and hear them but they can not hear me...
SO if any of you are on this and would consent send me your address and then not only can I communicate this way but actually talk with you...
Of course my SKYPE name is abicequeen (I think you have to use lower case??)

Love and blessings dear ones...

Heli gunner Tom said...

Hi Lori,
Thanks for visiting my humble Blog: TOM'S JOURNAL ! I tried to sign on to your Blog, but had some trouble...
I don't complain about the weather much because I was born in Wisconsin and know how to dress right... lol.
I am also happy and edified that you are my sister in Christ, and totally understand where the world of Satan is headed, and FAST! The rest of the 'unbelievers' just run like Lemmings, try as we Christian may to share the Gospel and help them.
Happy Birthday to you.

God Bless You!

Hugs,
Tom Schuckman
Disabled Vietnam Veteran: 68-70
Wisconsin!

Jeannette said...

Sorry I missed your birthday Lori, I have a good excuse ~ I was in Australia! I hope your day went well, I'm 60 next year and seem to get more reflective as the years pass. Jeannette xx