





Yesterday August 15th. the big guy (my nickname for hubby) and I celebrated our 45th. anniversary. As I reflect in those years I know that there were many valleys and also mountaintop experiences.
I was quite young when I said "I do" and despite my youth I was VERY mindful that those vows were first to God and then to hubby-to-be. I even hesitated in responding to the Pastors "do you Loretta etc etc...I in a moment thought I could turn around and go the other direction but decided that I would make this commitment.
I met my hubby when I was 15 years old at my church camp. The first time we went out he told me, "I am going to marry you"...to which I thought that is not a line I have heard before.
I guess somehow by some moment of the Almighty speaking to his heart...this decision was made and thank-you Lord that you brought him into my life.
My mom, who loved him from day 1, said, "Chuck, if I get you a job and a place to live will you stay as I think you might be the only man that will be able to handle this girl?"
Although I have jokingly commented about this I realised just how wise my mother was and who knew her daughter better...
We have been blessed by three kids, and now six grand kids...
Since retirement we have been able to spend more time coming alongside of our kids to "be there for them.".....
Marriage is a special gift from God and it takes work to make it go...no matter how many years go by.
In our present day this commitment is no longer one that people want to enter into...but for me it has been a special blessing and I thank God everyday for my husband.
I thank the Lord for bringing us through son's cancer, our personal and business bankruptcy, my cancer, hubbies heart attack and all those growing up years of children where you are stretched.
Here are some pictures taken over the years....

13 comments:
How wonderful, 45 years and I just loved the photographs. It will be 39 for us this year in December. Many congratulations to you both.
congrats on the 45 yrs!!!
the pics are great, ty for sharing. :)
keeping God first is the way to go!!!!
be blessed my friend with many more wonderful yrs together.
huggies...
Congratulations! You are so blessed. It isn't every day someone can celebrate 45 years together. That is so special anymore.
Congrats to you and hubby on the 45th anniversary
Happy Anniversary! You and the big guy are a great example to your kids and others:)
Hugs, Sheri
Congratulations on 45 years, that is a rare these days :o)
Happy Anniversary Lori and Chuck!! you guys built your marriage on a Solid Rock and took vows made seriously! and despite the struggles you guys are together still 45 years later! what an awesome testimony! wishing you lots more happy years together!
betty
45 YEARS? Most folks these days celebrate if they can make it 45 days... Congratulations Lori! First the jet ski, and now this! Is there anything you can't do? lol... God Bless you and take care my friend...
Mik
and because you asked Lori:
mik@radio.am
Late congratulations on your 45th wedding anniversary, Lori, and here's to many more!
Happy, Happy, Happy 45th Anniversary (a bit late)!!! I really love those pictures. You guys not only look great, but you still look like you did in the early pictures, and in every picture there you are beaming with happiness!! I love your entry as well. I hope you two have many more wonderful years together!
USA Lori (lol)
ongrats on the 45 yrs!!!
the pics are great, ty for sharing. :)
keeping God first is the way to go
How to make a website
Forty five years and you haven't killed him....amazing! Naw, I'm just joking. So thrilled for the both of you.
Post a Comment