




Hi there Journal Friends,
Well for some going to a school reunion can be painful or refreshing. It is hard to see ourselves physically aging when sometimes our memories of "school days" are so vivid and we still feel "young at heart".
As society tries to teach more about bullying I have had discussions with other people my age and I guess it really is not a new thing but has got way out of control.
At first I never thought I had experienced this painful occurence but then I remembered that my bullying took a verbal form. My dear Mom was the Juvenile Delinquency officer and Police Woman and Social Worker and bottom line if you got into trouble with the police and a girl was involved Mrs. Miller was called to the scene.
I remember walking into the girls washroom and all of a sudden total silence.
But you know somehow I must have had some inner strength that it really did not bother me (at least consciously) as my parents did a marvellous job in giving me such a healthy self-esteem all my life that these times quickly disappeared in my memory bank.
I know as a young child I would always stick up for the people that were being picked on. There is no doubt the lessons I was taught in Sunday School were intrumental in these actions...I remember once I came home and wanted my mom to give this girl some of my clothes as I had so many and she had hardly anything. In later years my Mom told me I had taught her how to be a good Samaritan.
Well next month my 47th. school reunion is being held and I look forward to it as the past few years we have been busy at our restaurant but this year we will take out our trailer and just enjoy the companionship of old classmates.
It is always my desire to visit with someone that maybe I knew very little about and talk with them about how their life has gone.
Lori was raised in a very loving and safe home and was ignorant of some things that went on behind closed doors.
When I decided to go to College to take Social Services like my Mom it only took till Christmas to say to her that I could NOT do it. I was sickened and appauled by the conditions some children had to live under.
Again THANK YOU GOD for placing me in the home of the Miller's where I was loved and protected from some of this world's evil.
Here is a collage of pictures from when my parents adopted me, a group of my "buddies" (can you spot the future hubby?) and a 1962 picture as well as a recent one of me with my newest grandchild.
Thank-you Lord for the life you have given me....It is my desire to serve you all the days of my life...

11 comments:
yikes in another year it will be my 30th reunion.
I'm going to celebrate my 47th also. I don't go to the reunions though as I dread being by myself. None of my old classmates have kept in touch much. I live in the town I was born and raised in and never even see anyone I went to school with. I think there were close to 500 in my graduating class too. Have fun at yours!!!
wonderful pics. and a nice entry.
i have never been to a reunion, & have no plans to go. none of us kept in touch...& i can't remember any of them now. we had a small grad class anyway.
you are as beautiful now as you were then...quite a babe!
huggies...!
I never made it to my reunions either..sometimes I regret that.
Hope you have a blast at yours.
Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Hubby 2nd from left?
Hugs, Sheri
Hi Lori,
I understand what ya mean about us getting older especially when we still have some of that high school spirit in us... The longer we live, the more fun it is to look back at all the hair and clothes styles... on second thought, (in my case), scratch that!
Mik
I really enjoyed these pictures! I hope you do get to go to your reunion and that you have a great time. I have very vivid memories of my school years and most of them are good memories. I was a very quiet and shy girl, but I had three really good best friends and we stuck together all through school. My daughter is a lot like you describe yourself being, ready to stick up for the little guy.
Hi Lori! I really enjoyed your post, and I loved those pictures!!!!!
Thank you so much for linking up to my meme!! Your post was perfect for it!!
God bless you!
Alicia
Hoping to get some pictures of reunion from people as our camera crashed WHAT fun! There were classmates there I had not seen since graduation in 1962.
Hubby did not disown me for wearing my"50's outfit to the dance Saturday night.
Love to twirl with the crinoline flying.
AB Lori
LORI.
iT WAS SO NICE OF YOU TO STOP BY MY BLOG.I added myself as uyour follower.Fell free to add yourself to my Blogger buddies.Would love to hear comments from you timme time.Im praying for your Husband.I lost my Dad to a heart attack at 33.Aso my Sister Barbara She passed away age 54. She had breast cance,Her daughter was Dr.Levey(The famous missing intern Chadra LEVEY)was her father.He was to distracted to be caring for anty patience.I f you go back to my blog,.I wrote about her in Jan(My Sister)Well I hope you go to your reunion and blog all about it,
JOHN
Thanks for stopping by my spot :o)
Hi There I'd love to congratulate you for such a terrific made site!
thought this is a perfect way to introduce myself!
Sincerely,
Johnie Maverick
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/safari-party-supplies.html]safari Party Supplies[/url].
Post a Comment