
There has been many picture drawn pertaining to the likeness of Christ...and this one I just found in the box of things stored in my Dad's basement. W.E. Sallman is the artist.
Today as I walked around my little town in -17 C temperatures I prayed all the way instead of listening to music. I sometimes still can not comprehend just how much the Lord Jesus loves and loved me....even while yet I was a sinner. I pray most sincerely that whatever days he has left for me on this temporary home we call Earth, that I will be a faithful servant and disciple and be willing to spread the good news of the gospel...

9 comments:
You are a brave soul for walking around in the cold like that. We are so blessed to have such a great God that sent His Son for us. It is overwhelming when you think about how great His love is for us. 'On Ya'-ma
Hello Miss Lori,
I love that picture. You know It is so hard to understand how much the Father loves us but, He does and We are truly the blessed ones.
God Bless
Randy
Yikes -17 out that is cold
-17 reminds me of Montana!!!
It is awesome of what the Lord did for us!!! when I see pictures of Jesus it makes me wonder who they based the drawing on since there's no description in the Bible of what he looked like. we all have our image of what we think he looks like but I think we'll be surprised when we get to heaven and get to see him face to face
stay warm!
betty
I love the picture too, but my favorite spiritual picture, I think, is the one of Christ hugging somebody. I always imagine it is me. Bet you do too. I am so sorry I have not been by, have not posted in awhile, still am not, but just wanting to touch base. Take care now. Merry Christmas. May the warmth of God's love be with you always.
Those are very low temperatures to be going out and about in Lori.
I too am a breast cancer survivor and my husband had a heart attack in the middle of my chemo...but like you and your husband we came through it and out the other side thanking God into the bargain. He is indeed a loving God.
Happy Christmas to you and your family.
Jeanie xxx
Hey Lori,
well, it's about 3 above here farenheit which if my metric serves me right is about -16 celsius. Plus with 50 mph wind gusts (or if you prefer, 80 kph)... I'm about ready to call this place Saskatchewan and head south. I like winter but I'm not liking it outside right now. I had to push my car out this morning because it was stuck after the snow storm. But I agree with you, God is good. And we are so undeserving of Him. I'm grateful for His grace. He is awesome! Merry Christmas Lori to you and your hubby (even if he's a BC Lions fan...lol) and to all of your family. God Bless You always!
Mik
Jesus is the ultimate gift from God the Father..
When I saw this picture, I had to go to my bedroom and look at the signature on mine. It is the same one. This had been my Moms, and had been in our house for as long as I can remember. I find it comforting to now have it in my own home.
Have a blessed Sunday,
Sheri
Post a Comment