

I have unsuccessfully until this mornng been able to contact a on-line friend. I finally was able to talk with someone and my friend who was from Crowley, TX has passed away.
He was a former Vietnam veteran and suffered with health issues for some time. I used to enjoy our limited conversation on the computer.
Our plans to go visit were not successful but today I am praying for his wife Mary and the family as they say their goodbyes.
It amases me how over the time I have been visiting with computer friends and upon their deaths it has felt so bad even though I have never personally met any of them.
I want to say thank-you to this man for his military service in a very ugly war and apologise for the lack of respect he and fellow soldiers received upon return to their homeland.
Dale, you are gone now but not forgotten.
May the Lord place His hand of tender mercy and grace upon all those who loved this man as a husband, father, grandfather and friend.

5 comments:
I'm so sorry,Lori, for this man's passing; he seemed like a wonderful man; we do get attached to our online friends don't we?
betty
prayers going up for his family & friends.
may he r.i.p.
huggies...
Lori,
Hearing of someones death is always sad. It's amazing after all of these years that we still feel the pain of the homecoming these Vets received or didn't get.
As much as my ex could be an a== sometimes. When he met my nephew he thanked him for his service in Iraq.
I could have cried.
Now, when I see an officer in uniform, I always say thank you. I always get a smile back and a your welcome..
Prayers going out to you and your friends family.
Sheri
So sorry for your loss...keeping his family in my prayers..and you!
Our online friends are like extended family...we do form close bonds with one another, even though we have never met in person.
Hugs
Terri
That is very sad, and I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment