Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The week with the grandkids...


Well tonight the parents will return from New York. I gave my daughter my car to take to the airport so that I do not have to get the boys out of bed. The days have gone well and in appreciation of their good behaviour Nana took them to Wal-Mart and they each bought...what else a truck that hauls a little car.
God sure made boys different than girls...thank heavens.
These children are well mannered and of course at times Nana had to remind them of please and thank-you. I firmly believe kids will only rise to the expectations we put on them.
Our time at "Heritage Park" was fun for all but to much for Papa so I think next year we might look at something where he does not have to walk so much.
He returned home so that he could vote yesterday and this am attend his "Cardiac Rehabilitation" session. There will also be a talk on "stress" after and I am disappointed I will not be there to attend. This is something Nana really does not deal well with and hubby believes it was one of the factors of my cancer.
I thank the Lord for my family and no matter how old they are they are still my kids. I am hoping my son will come and stay with us for awhile so I can keep an eye on him. Although he is a grown man he still needs mom's TLC. The diagnosis of "Febrile Neutopenia" I believe has taken it toll on him. Our son had cancer at the age of 17 so I PTL (praised the Lord) that it had not returned. At the time he was given a 5% chance of life but between the supernatural healing from the Lord and the treatments he received our son will be 44 next birthday.
He works way to much and like his father does not know boundries....I think TJ has seen what is happening with Dad and wants to slow down a bit.
He is a single dad with a 14 year old daughter and again I PTL that she seems to have turned the corner on her unacceptable behaviour. Much prayer from Nana and Papa for ALL our grandkids. This is NOT an easy world to be in.
Well sounds like the porridge is ready for our breakfast...I see frost on the windshields...but again I am so grateful for my life and want to live it to the fullest until the Lord calls me home.

Blessings,

Lori (from Alberta, Canada)

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Grandchildren are such a blessing to us aren't they? Luckily both our little ones have good manners, their mother and I have seen to that. I hope your son does slow down and watch his health. Hugs.

betty said...

how cute the boys getting trucks at Wal-Mart; they do love their vehicles don't they, no matter what age they are, LOL

glad you had a good week with them :)

betty